Are you struggling to find last-minute gifts for a sex-positive friend or lover? Gifting a vibrator is a great idea, but it may be too forward for some. Luckily, there are plenty of gifts out there that help you get in touch with yourself, both mentally and physically. If you’ve got a curious friend or partner who’s in a space of exploration, why not give the gift of intimate wellness? Here are Dame’s favorite workshops, books, toys, tools, and workbooks for the budding sexpert in your life. Even if that sexpert is you!
1. Che Che Luna’s Dance as Gender Expansion Class, $55-$111. This class is a live, 3 hour virtual experiential movement class that helps you find euphoria in your own embodied gender(s). Che Che Luna suggests that this class is especially helpful for folks who want to experiment with gender identity through movement in the comfort of their own home.
2. The Way of Integrity: Finding Your Path to Your True Self by Martha Beck, $15. With techniques tested on hundreds of her clients, Martha Beck brings her expertise as a social scientist, life coach, and human being to help readers to uncover what integrity looks like in their own lives. This book takes you on a spiritual adventure that will help you figure out what genuine happiness looks like for yourself.
3. Ohnut Buffer Rings, $60. Ohnut is changing the conversation about discomfort during sex, with a mission-driven wearable that customizes penetration depth. Designed with renowned clinicians, Ohnut is a soft compressible buffer made from 4 rings, that can be used together or individually to adjust when penetration feels too deep, without sacrificing sensation for you or your partner.
4. Sex Points: Reclaim Your Sex Life with the Revolutionary Multi-Point System by Dr. Bat Sheva Marcus, $15-23. Covering everything from how to choose a vibrator to recapturing orgasms, understanding hormones, to rekindling lust, embracing taboo fantasies, and parsing complicated relationships, to what sex really means, Sex Points is a comprehensive, revelatory, I-didn’t-know-it-could-be-this-good guide for every woman, at every age, in every situation.
5. The Intimate Touch bundle by Dame, $143. A shameless self-promotion here because we’re head over heels for this set. This limited-edition trio of bestsellers is the perfect starting point for anyone to get in touch with their pleasure. Arousal Serum warms things up with a thrilling tingle, while our flexible Pom nestles in the palm of your hand for effortless vibrations. Alu, our aloe-based lube, tops it all off with a silky slide.
6. The Set Boundaries Workbook: Practical Exercises for Understanding Your Needs and Setting Healthy Limits by Nedra Glover Tawwab, $14-$16. Filled with thought-provoking checklists, questions, writing prompts, and more, The Set Boundaries Workbook is a valuable tool for everyone who wants to speak up for what they want and need, and show up more authentically in the world. Sought-after therapist and relationship expert Nedra Glover Tawwab provides interactive exercises to help you gain insights and then put them into action.
7. The School of Life’s Partners and Couples Gift Set, $45. This gift set is designed to help partners and couples discover the secrets of passion, diplomacy, and intimacy. It contains The Couple’s Workbook, a workbook containing helpful exercises that any couple can undertake to help foster understanding, patience, forgiveness, humor and resilience in the context of a long-term relationship. It also includes Connect, a pack of cards to foster connection and closeness, with 100 questions that help couples to rekindle affection.
8. Bad Sex: Truth, Pleasure, and an Unfinished Revolution by Nona Willis Aronowitz, $15. We couldn’t conclude this year’s list without adding a brand-new and groundbreaking book from one of Dame’s own. Bad Sex places Willis Aronowitz’s intimate history alongside her family history and other stories stretching back nearly two hundred years: those of ambivalent wives and unchill sluts, Free Lovers and radical lesbians, sensitive men and woke misogynists, women who risk everything for sex, who buy sex, reject sex, have bad sex and good sex. While this book is only available for pre-order, it’s sure to leave your loved one filled with anticipation until its arrival.
Planning last-minute gifts can be overwhelming, so hopefully this list makes your sex-positive shopping a little easier. Plus, many of these are digital so you don’t have to sweat delivery times and can get back to enjoying the pleasures of the season.